Tuesday, August 9

Far and Away


Ok, so after the camping trip, I managed to get my temprature down, just in time for my flight to Germany. I was met at Hahn airport by Uplifted Soul and her hubby and we headed back to Bitburg where i stayed with them. We saw Batman and went bowling on the airbase (I am the gutter queen of bowling), and visited a castle in luxembourg and castle ruins in germany. All in all, although i was a bit poorly, I had a really good time and Soul and her man are lovely!!!
I then went to Edinburgh, where i was met by my old uni mate Nikki, her fella and my Munky. We were going to do the castle, but it was packed with tourists, so we walked down the royal mile and then visited ruins of the palace at linlithgow (SP?). We also went out on the beer for a nite, ending up at nikkis friends pub where 7 of us took over the upstairs room, drank too much and played hangman and simpsons battle of the sexes, with much laughing and mocking. It may not sound wild but you'd be surprised. ;)
Then Munky and i parted ways on the train as i went to newcastle, for Simons wedding. Simon and i are old old friends, we met on our very first day at uni and clicked instantly, we have been close ever since and i love him to pieces. I got all choked up when he made his speech and i have to say i never realised how much i wanted to se that boy happy!! His new wife seems lovely and i hope to get to know her better in time.
REconnected with Andrew and Roy which was nice, and met John and Helen, who i was aware of but was delighted to finally meet!! And Simons parents rock!
Well, I would expand, but its quite long enuff for now. I may take a trip down memory lane another day and share some university moments with you, but for now, thats what i've been up to. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home