Tuesday, August 30

loved and lost

Most of you know I keep rats. Feb 2004 I collected two of the cutest babies you ever saw in your life, two topaz rats from the Shunamite rattery in Newcastle upon tyne. Alison handles her kittens so well that as we talked and the adoption was completed these two dozed in my elbow crooks happily. They grew up to be amazing loving companions. Pushkin, who is a Topaz dumbo, and Asimov who is a Topaz top ear. I call them my blondie bears coz they got to be quite a good size for rats and a friend said they must be small bears.
Well last night, quite unexpectedly Asimov died. He went very peacefully in his sleep. I shall be keeping a very close eye on Pushkin as the two have never been apart. I hope Chaos and Stryfe are adequate company.
On a brighter note I have been approved to adopt a new dumbo baby from the ratty rascals stud.
The last bank holiday weekend of the summer has been a very mixed one.
RIP Asimov Agent Orange: 12/03 - 08/05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home