Saturday, April 8

Blue skies, green frogs and dried pigs ears

Yesterday I took the afternoon off and wandered down to the bus station to meet Froggy. We have been on line buddies for about 4 years and in a bizarre twist of circumstances she started seeing my ex. The best thing about this is she has come to the UK for 6months to be with him, yay, because I get to play with her too.
After picking her up we started to ander into town, stopping at thepet shop so I could get disinfectnt, she was a little grossed out by the dried pigs ears as dog chews and live grubs and meal worms on the counter, never occured to me they don't do that everywhere. We went toCroques for lunch, they do fabulous sandwich things, like croques (posh toasties) wraps and pitta's, Froggy had her first ginger beerand it was lovely because they have them in the old fashioned bottles there instead of cans.
We wandered around some of my favourite shops, Forbidden Planet, where the three people iknow were all on so that was cool, and Discovery where they sellall sorts f improted art thing that seem really randomly priced, the very bizaar which she loved, and where i introduced her to the lovely Andrew (bottom pic). We also took ina second hand book store and gallery where Froggy was in her element! It was a really joyful afternoon, finished off with the speedy and sinfull sharing of a bag of Thorntons chocolates.

here we are, Froggy is holding some beautiful china frogs.

4 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

Lance is your ex???
Learn something new everyday.

Looks like you guys had a great time! I wish I could come play!

6:48 pm  
Blogger Hageltoast said...

yup, we were amicable.
I wish you could come too!

8:47 pm  
Blogger Toni said...

Did he get on the board because of you or did you meet there?
I'm glad it wasn't a bad breakup or that would be REALLY weird.

10:03 pm  
Blogger Hageltoast said...

he started using the board when we broke up, I met froggy there when I first started a few years ago and he and she clicked after he started on the board. she was approached me before the news brke to make sure it was cool.

11:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home