Thursday, June 8

It's only rock n roll, but I like it, yes I do!!

Click the link for a full and proper review by Warro.

I finished work at lunchtime yesterday, dashed home, collected the bike from its service, had my potato for lunch, fed the furried, changed my top, changed my top a few more times, made a couple of phone calls, and ran out the door at about 1:30pm to go to wolverhampton. Warro and I arrived in Wolves at 2:45ish and took up our positions outside the Civic Hall, where we remained, pretty much constantly until about 7, when we went in.
The point of all that hanging around was smple, Warro wanted autographs, this is due to be Twisted Sisters last tour and a lot of old Vinyl came out for the occasion. We got a couple of signatures and we had our photos taken with Dee Snider (who is a darling btw) and generally buzzed off the whole thing. M arrived at 6:30 ish and joined us, he is not a big fan of Glam, but this was such an undeniably neccessary part of any metallers gig history!!
The gig! Hanoi Rocks were supporting and they kicked off hard and fast. Oh how they rocked!!! And thje outfits, something about skinny man in eyeliner and sequins just gets me going, lol. After a dissapointing performance from them last year in Scarborough they more than redeemed themselves last night.
Then the main event, an hour and a half of pure unadulterated Twisted Sister!!!! Wootwoot. I haven't rocked out like that since i was about 13, it was completely awesome!!! all the favourites, SMF, we're not gonna take it, stuff like that, and a track they haven't played live since donnington 1983 (I think warro was there?, but I was 6, so missed it) there own version of Rolling Stones "it's only rock and roll" and yes, we liked it, a lot!!!!
www.hanoirocks.com
www.twistedsister.com

Photos
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=10698213&uid=3920848&members=1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home