Thursday, September 15

rain on me lord pour it down

clean the dirt off this old town
And my word did it!
It's only day two of walking to work, the whole way, and it was perfect weather for it for the first 2 miles, then the heavens opened. I figured its too early in the game to be rained off si i finished the walk and have been drying out at my desk for the last half hour.

In other news, the petrol crises is affecting me even tho i don't drive. So many people are panic buying that my fella can't come down in the week in case he can't get petrol to get to work. He can't get there by public transport.
So we are only seeing each other at weekedns till people get a clue. It sucks. Thank god he got tommorrow off so i have him tonite tho.
Marks mum has told his gran i'm a pagan, which i'm not although it appeals, his gran is very catholic, but apparently she took it in her stride and has asked that if we marry in a field can she have a camping chair. Given the size of his extended family, a field mught be the only place we can all fit so that's good. :) lol. There are no plans to marry just yet tho so more time to sort that one out.

Are there more natural distasters and extreme weather problems than there were when i was a kid or was i just oblivious? I have come across the idea that the world will end in 2012 so many times from so many sources over the years and as we approach it it seems as tho nature is indeed fighting back. I don't really believe in such things but 2012 seems so incongruous, it's not like a new millenium which is bound to bring out the crazies. I shall be glad to get to 2013 in spite of myself i think.

I'm rambling, but the grey skies are making me reflective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home