Thursday, November 10

Milestones

soo, this saturday M and I have been together 6months. It's made me think about anniversaries and milestones. My family isnt much into them really, but I think it would be nice to mark off the first significant point on the timeline for us.

Funny things tho milestones, first day of a new school, fisrt proper kiss, first friend you made at uni. People themselves, acting as a reminder of who you were and how we change. I told Jolanda once she was a milestone, she is, all my university experiances, certainly the first two years, can be parecelled up in the memories of a few people, Jo, Nikki, Simon. I think between them they hold the most accurate record of those days.

Found this definition
mile·stone (mīl'stōn')
n.
A stone marker set up on a roadside to indicate the distance in miles from a given point.
An important event, as in a person's career, the history of a nation, or the advancement of knowledge in a field; a turning point.

So I would like to add
Milestone def 3 - A person who keeps a record, through shared memories, of developments and changes in another, and who signifies, the begining of a life stage.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you say mile stone or mill stone?

10:41 am  
Blogger Hageltoast said...

uh huh, you can be anon, but i know who that is!!! Definately mile! ;)

11:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home