Wednesday, December 7

when i was a child i caught a fleeting glimpse, out of the corner of my eye,

when i was a child i thought maybe i believed in god, i certainly believed in monsters under my bed, i used to take a running leap to get into it. I believed that the banging on the radiators that sounded like something trying to hold a tune with bones on a radiator was in fact just that. I believed in ghosts and ghouls and wonderland. I think God was the first to go, swiftly followed by Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, finally even the easter bunny, i learnt what hallucination meant and so my imaginary companions of childhood have become hallucinations.
Now what is left to believe in?
I believe in the benevolent universe, you might call it god, or allah, or ganesh.
I believe in being myself as much as i can.
I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt.
I believe in Mark & my love.
I believe in unicorns (not literally, but in all the things that make life magical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home