Tuesday, October 18

best laid plans

Well I am printing out planing application forms for some work I am doing at work, rather than at home, sadly. And in the spirit of reflection that was cut short last night I was thinking about my plans.
As a child i planned to be either and optician like my grandpa, or an engineer like my dad.
I eventually discovered that to be an opitician you had to be Not Squeamish about eyes, and both jobs required hard sciences. So psychology it was then. So then I planned to work really hard and get a good degree, hmmmm, drink, social life, boys and general falling apart go tin the way and i scraped out with an ordinary BSc (no hons). Well then I didn't know what I planned anymore so i bounced around temping for some years until, this January I finally got a permenant post in the council dept I have been temping for the last few years. Now I was at least a proper employee instead of a tmp. Then they signed me up to study Highways and transport engineering for a professional certificate. Oddly, some 13 years after giving up on my plans to be an engineer I suddenly find myself becoming one anyway.
I belive i may also have planned to be extremely rich and fairly thin by now too, sadly these have yet to come to pass. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home