Wednesday, November 16

we're not gonna take it, NO! we're not gonna take it! We're not gonna take it, anymore!

wooohooo! I am on a glam metal high!!!! Soo, went to see Alice Cooper and Twisted Sister last night. Alissssssssssssss was headlining and he was great, one of those, must see before he dies bands for me, and now i am happy. It was a good show, although not as many hits as i'd have hoped for.
Twisted Sister, ah, the shoulder padded panto dame and his hairy friends. He is truly a sick mother f**ker. And damn they were awesome!! Blew my mind and rocked my little cotton socks off!! They stole the show, i was singing along to stuff I didn't even know! And for a man of 50 Dee Snider (SP?)is in pretty good shape, it did rather make the point that i have no excuse for being in bad shape at my age if this old giffer who had to keep nipping off stage for oxygen (I kid you not) can keep his body tight. And I have to say, inspite of needing oxygen regularly he delivered one of the more energetic performances i have ever seen!!! Rock on ye gods of glam!

3 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

Sounds fun!!

2:21 am  
Blogger QueenieCarly said...

That's hysterical! What a fun night that would have been. How big was the venue where it was held? I can't believe that Dee Snider (I don't know how to spell his name either) is 50! I guess it makes sense, but he'll always look like he did when I was in grade five in my eyes. Does he still dress the same?

11:49 pm  
Blogger Hageltoast said...

lol, Dee was indeed the same as ever, it was great fun!! Although i was close to the stage, the standing area wasn't huge and we were in it, my camera doesn't cope with stage lights, so the only pics that came out were the ones of the back drops.

8:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home