Wednesday, February 1

Mort

My Dad's father died yesterday. It sounds weird saying it like that, but you wouldn't know who Chris is and although my Dad is my Dad (he is my stepfather but since i was only 18months..) his family are HIS not mine. I am very fond of his parents, they are lovely people, but they are not my Grandparents, I only have one of those left.The death is not unexpected, he has been in full time mental health care for some time now and he was physically and mentally deteriorating very fast, it was very distressing for Dad to see his father like that. In the end he was so doped up he didn't know where he was, which is just aswell because in his more coherant moments he knew just enuff to get himself upset but not enough to understand. I will be at the funeral, Dad wants us there. I don't really know why I am sharing this, it's not sudden, we knew it was coming, I am sorry butnot terrribly sad, i just think at least dad wont have to worry and get upset. It did lead to a lot of reminising last night about child hood. I remember first meeting Chris and Edna, I must have been about 10yrs old, and saying very solemnly "hello mr & mrs Wearing". Tehy told me they were Chris and Edna. They have real grandchildren who call them Nan and Pops, but they are always C&E to us.
I'm rambling. Well at least now its out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i understand deli, but im sorry 2 hear this, i hope he`s in a better place now.
lv tb xoxox

11:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home