Monday, March 13

monday comes crashing in, and faces on the train look grim, when yeasterday, the same were smiling!


I am off sick today. My throat hurts so badly ican barely swallow, my head is a little fuzzy and all weekend my lower back has been causing me pain. I assume it is just a bug of some description. We decidednot to go and see Sour Mash on saturday as the late night, smokey environment and sleeping on the floor were not likely to help matters, but we did go to Kedlestone Hall. It's in Derbyshire, only 45mins away from home and we went, had coffee ambled around for an hour and came home, where upon i collapsed onto the couch and didn't move much till bed time.
Anyway, Kedlestone is very ornate and the most complete example of Adam styling in the country, it's beautiful in an overdone kindof way, but they wouldn't let us take photos inside. I did take a couple outside to share with you tho.
The Church on the grounds. To build the hall they demolished the whole village and rebuilt it to one side of the grounds, the church is all that remains of the village prior to kedlestone hall.

And just for the skull and crossbones crew (you know who you are)

1 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

That place looks gorgeous!!
Hee skull and crossbones :)

Get better soon, take care of yourself!

2:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home