Friday, April 21

Musings

The last post in Haphazard Life got me thinking about the things that make you feel good and put that strut in your stride.
I remember getting ready in the toilets at work for a date and heading out in to the street. I'd worked hard at losing weight and was nervous but feeling fairly good about myself. A young, not unnatractive guy gave me a frank look and whistled as i passed him, it was just the boost i needed. I strode of feeling fabulous.
But a song i love with a good beat does it too, walking to work i notice how my pace changes according to what is on MP3, some songs just make me feel great.
And why are compliments from strangers sometimes so much more powerful than compliments from people who love us? Do we assume that because they love us they see us differently?
Right, ok, well this is what happens if i don't have coffee before i start blogging. I am gonna go make my first cup of nasty instant office coffee now,

5 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

Walking with upbeat music helps me so much! Exercising in general with music helps.
I totally know what you mean about compliments from strangers...sometimes they mean so much more. I don't really know why though...

6:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I know why. Well, for me, anyway. A comment from a stranger is more genuine. From someone you love? Well, they HAVE to say that stuff. Maybe that's just me.

1:36 am  
Blogger Jazz said...

I don't think it's more genuine from a stranger... it's just, well hell, why would they bother you know?

4:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly, unless they really maent it, why WOULD they bother? I've said that people look nice or their hair looks good because I love them and know that they'll like it if I do say it. Not to say I would say it if it weren't true, but I will sometimes say something that sounds more enthusiastic than it is. Am I really the only one???

8:15 pm  
Blogger Hageltoast said...

No you aren't the only one who says things to friends to give them a boost, but I don't think strangers are always sincere, for me it's just nice to have such an unexpected compliment.

8:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home