Friday, April 28

Who do you love?

What are your daily blog addictions?
I get on happily when Carly, Kamper and Jazz are all blogging like crazy people, and there are plenty more that I browse on a more casual basis, Tales from a tiny kitchen has a long list that i reference time to time. I love Blue fluff and Nelly to visit a couple fo times a week and Gut Rumble sis good for just that.
I thought it was just light entertainment till i had a week were virtually no one had anything interesting to say, Black and White was stil, Tequila Red and others were all sooo quiet. I was sooo restless i couldn't concentrate without my daily dose of other peoples lives.
I have talked about why we blog before, in answer a post by Jazz, but I have to say I forget how much I miss being involved in every aspecct of someones life. I think it is from University, I lived with 5 other girls and the boys downstairs were friends and we mostly knew each others movements and were soooo wrappe dup in each others lives. My friendships don't seem like that anymore, but then I don't live with anyone. I miss it in a way, not sharing my home, just that access to someone elses' thoughts and life, the way perspective and reality go out of the window and a mutual perception takes over.
Anyway, I guess these bloggers that i read regularly give me a sense of that, I can follow the thoughts and moments of someone else's life. Though nothing will replace playing music and reading poetry at 4 in the morning because we lost track of time with Jolanda and a bowl of angel delight. (Like Jello Pudding)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great post, Toast. It's so true that you get used to reading people's blogs, it becomes a nuisance when they all of a sudden get busy and (gasp!) don't fulfill your needs for a day or two. It all just happens so easily...

2:32 am  
Blogger Nelly said...

I agree. Thought-provoking post.

7:20 pm  
Blogger Jazz said...

I so understand this. Funny, I just posted and had something about that. Been too busy at work to catch up and I finally did! Funny how the lives of people I don't even know have become more important than those some people I do know

5:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great observation about those we know vs. those we hate, Jazz. I'm the same way!

Speaking of being absent, where were you today??? We're waiting.

12:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking as one of the other 5 girls in said generally fvcked up insestuous stressfilled pit - she wasn't raving about it at the time.

Miss it too though sweets. My antidote has been to make sure that I dont live on my own!

xNx

1:39 pm  
Blogger Hageltoast said...

Thanks for the feedback guys, ingteresting to know what you all feel about this.
N - no, you're right, we were not far off killing each other at times, but you all got under my skin some, a bit like the plague. ;)

1:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home